Tea Party Ideas
Here are a few ideas and suggestions for hosting a childrens tea party. Our E-book contains more information and ideas about hosting your tea parties.
Party Planning Tips
- Choose a theme for your party
- Use decorations and games to match your theme
- Schedule the party to last about two and a half hours
- Little girls love to dress up, so have white gloves, hats and other dress up things for them to wear at the party
- Peanut butter and jelly tea sandwiches
- Cucumber and cream cheese tea sandwiches
- Fresh fruit
- Scones and jam
- Small jam or lemon tarts
How To Make Hot Tea
- 1 cup cold water for each person, plus 1 cup for the pot
- 1 heaping teaspoon tea leaves or 1 tea bag per person
Bring a kettle of freshly drawn water to a gentle boil. Pour a cup of the hot water into the teapot. Put the lid on the teapot and swish the hot water around. Swish lightly, so you don't spill any water out of the spout. Pour the water out of the teapot. Warming the pot like this helps to keep the teapot hot. Spoon out tea leaves or put the tea bags into the warmed pot and pour in the hot water. Let the tea steep for 4 to 5 minutes. If you used loose tea, pour the tea into cups through a strainer. If you used tea bags, take them out of the pot.
You may want to try Angel Tea if you find that your tea party guests have never tried tea before. Simply fill their tea cup half full of milk, then pour the tea in.